The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
11 Things About Me:
1. I love to write poetry. I have poems that have been published and I had a poem that won a city wide poetry contest.
2. I had wanted to elope with my husband. He said no because it would have crushed his grandfather.
3. My family owned a commercial photo copier. I never had to rush to get copies of school work or college applications. And friends were always at my house making copies.
4. I carried a map of New York City in my purse for 6 years ever since I visited NYC at the age of 17. I wanted to live in New York.
5. I had a thing for Donnie Yen.
6. I’m currently watching Bones on Netflix. So good, it’s almost addicting.
7. I have a strong connection to my best friend through dreams. She’s constantly in my dreams talking to me. Or if it’s a strange dream, I would say in my dream “I have to tell Nicole about this!”
8. I’m an only child and it was not fun. Yes I was spoiled but the parental pressures were solely burdened on me.
9. I want to retire by the time I’m 40. (definitely not going to happen unless I win the lottery.)
10. I don’t like to read or watch the news. Too many messed up people in the media nowadays. It makes me sad.
11. I believe in Feng Shui.
With Each Passing Day’s Questions
1. If you were given the chance to meet your favorite blogger, who would it be and why? I think it would be Bessie from Bravoe Runway. She’s very open and I love her sense of style.
2. What is your favorite movie? An Imitation of Life a 1959 film about a white mother who struggles and perseveres to become a Broadway star and her black maid/ nanny who has a white child with a problem figuring out if she’d rather be white or black. What I love about this movie is that I can feel the struggles of each character – the woman who wants to be a star, gets that chance but what does she give up – her relationship with her daughter. A black mother with a white skinned child who just wants her child to accept who she is and not try to be someone who she’s not. Eventually, regret is the final emotion when both parties realize too late that life ends very quickly.
3. What is the one thing you cannot live without? My kids – no matter how much they cry, yell and scream, I still love them. Materialistically, I cannot live without my phone.
4. Do you speak another language? I speak Vietnamese, and English fluently. I took 5 years of French – pretty rusty now but I can pull off simple conversations. And I took Mandarin for 10 months in 2011 just to find something to do.
5. What country have you visited or would like to visit? I would like to visit Paris, France again. I went when I was 8 and totally was not accustomed to the culture. I was aghast by the small portion sizes and as a kid I felt it rained too much when I was there. The only thing I credit Paris for: introducing me to Indian cuisine!
6. If you could have any person’s wardrobe collection, who would it be? Kim Kardashian’s closet.
7. Have you ever done anything spontaneous? I can easily be persuaded to do something spontaneous. A friend persuaded me to go bungee jumping 200 feet up in the air with her. Fun but I would not do that ever again.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Sing. I cannot sing at all.
9. What is one word that would describe your personality? Passionate
10.What was the best advise your mom ever gave you? Plan for everything in advance. Know what you want and achieve it. Do not be one step behind someone else.
11. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose to be? She-Ra, Princess of Power 😉
My Questions for Nominees:
1. Describe your perfect day.
2. Would you rather win the lottery or live the way you are now?
3. 3 Things you would want if you were on a deserted island.
4. Top Favorite Book.
5. If you have super powers, what power would that be?
6. After a stressful day, what do you do to de-stress?
7. What do you fear the most?
8. How do you see yourself 10 years from now?
9. Do you believe in Love At First Sight?
10. What is your favorite song?
11. What is your favorite type of cuisine?
That’s a Pretty Hat
Just Another Smith
The Ayumi Aspect
La Conception des Femmes
Lipstick and Lollies
What I’m Loving Lately
Kiwi Fashion Blog
Thank you so much!