Sorry for the blurry pictures. The pictures were taken on my Iphone 3GS which is not really high quality. I really do need a new phone.
A month ago I visited my in laws in Biloxi, MS. I love Mississippi. The city of Biloxi is small and quiet but definitely developing. Everything is so cute and quaint. And then you arrive to the Vegas of the South. Beach Boulevard is along the Gulf Coast beach. It is one majestic casino after another.
The largest and in my opinion, most opulent casino, resort and hotel is the Beau Rivage. My sister in law recommended the spa for a great mom’s day out. I decided to get a 75 minute Therapeutic Massage. What a splurge but it’s been 2 years since my last massage.
I was really surprised at the decor and how well equipped it was. There was a small bar with Gardetto’s Snack Mix, water, lemonade and cranberry juice. I had arrived early to check in and just hang around the waiting area.
I took a quick tour of the place. It had a sauna and hot tub pool area. The showers were clean and with fresh towels stacked nearby. I was given a very heavy, thick but luxurious bath robe.
When I was introduced to my masseuse, he was male. But I’m okay with it. He was very professional. I think his name was Brandon. Awesome service and Beau Rivage’s spa did not disappoint. I will totally be back.
Bonus points for pics taken with your dates or on a girls night out!! (Did not happen that way. My date nights are beyond few unless you count all the times we take the kids along.)
Shoes: Ann Taylor Perfect Patent Pumps
I went the easy route with a simple strappy floral dress with a tulip skirt. The dress also has pockets and is made of a jersey material. So comfortable and so practical. I am a mom of 2 little girls and I really don’t dress up any more. My date night looks are really easy and takes minutes to just put on and go. If the outfit takes more than 5 minutes, something will happen that makes me change my mind about date night. Usually it’s one of girls that wants to tag along or really does not want to be home with a babysitter.
I took these pictures around 7PM and was delighted to see how the images change due to position of the sun. I love the natural lens flare (and how tan I look) when the sun is to my back as opposed to a natural but washed out look when the sun is facing west of me.
What a great Petite Fashion Challenge! It was a lot harder for me, because I don’t really have to impress my date anymore. After 8 years of marriage and 4 years with kids, he’s seen me dressed up and dressed down. I don’t think he cares one way or another. As long as I don’t take too long to get ready!
When Glee asked me to write an article about Kate Middleton’s style, I was so excited. To me, Kate Middleton is my Cinderella, a fairy tale princess. And what a fashionable person she is. So check out my article at CreativeFashionGlee.com.
With Each Passing Day nominated me for a very cool award. I am quite honored and flattered to be recognized like this. Thank you to Ying from WEPD!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
11 Things About Me:
1. I love to write poetry. I have poems that have been published and I had a poem that won a city wide poetry contest.
2. I had wanted to elope with my husband. He said no because it would have crushed his grandfather.
3. My family owned a commercial photo copier. I never had to rush to get copies of school work or college applications. And friends were always at my house making copies.
4. I carried a map of New York City in my purse for 6 years ever since I visited NYC at the age of 17. I wanted to live in New York.
5. I had a thing for Donnie Yen.
6. I’m currently watching Bones on Netflix. So good, it’s almost addicting.
7. I have a strong connection to my best friend through dreams. She’s constantly in my dreams talking to me. Or if it’s a strange dream, I would say in my dream “I have to tell Nicole about this!”
8. I’m an only child and it was not fun. Yes I was spoiled but the parental pressures were solely burdened on me.
9. I want to retire by the time I’m 40. (definitely not going to happen unless I win the lottery.)
10. I don’t like to read or watch the news. Too many messed up people in the media nowadays. It makes me sad.
11. I believe in Feng Shui.
With Each Passing Day’s Questions
1. If you were given the chance to meet your favorite blogger, who would it be and why? I think it would be Bessie from Bravoe Runway. She’s very open and I love her sense of style.
2. What is your favorite movie? An Imitation of Life a 1959 film about a white mother who struggles and perseveres to become a Broadway star and her black maid/ nanny who has a white child with a problem figuring out if she’d rather be white or black. What I love about this movie is that I can feel the struggles of each character – the woman who wants to be a star, gets that chance but what does she give up – her relationship with her daughter. A black mother with a white skinned child who just wants her child to accept who she is and not try to be someone who she’s not. Eventually, regret is the final emotion when both parties realize too late that life ends very quickly.
3. What is the one thing you cannot live without? My kids – no matter how much they cry, yell and scream, I still love them. Materialistically, I cannot live without my phone.
4. Do you speak another language? I speak Vietnamese, and English fluently. I took 5 years of French – pretty rusty now but I can pull off simple conversations. And I took Mandarin for 10 months in 2011 just to find something to do.
5. What country have you visited or would like to visit? I would like to visit Paris, France again. I went when I was 8 and totally was not accustomed to the culture. I was aghast by the small portion sizes and as a kid I felt it rained too much when I was there. The only thing I credit Paris for: introducing me to Indian cuisine!
6. If you could have any person’s wardrobe collection, who would it be? Kim Kardashian’s closet.
7. Have you ever done anything spontaneous? I can easily be persuaded to do something spontaneous. A friend persuaded me to go bungee jumping 200 feet up in the air with her. Fun but I would not do that ever again.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Sing. I cannot sing at all.
9. What is one word that would describe your personality? Passionate
10.What was the best advise your mom ever gave you? Plan for everything in advance. Know what you want and achieve it. Do not be one step behind someone else.
11. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose to be? She-Ra, Princess of Power 😉
My Questions for Nominees:
1. Describe your perfect day.
2. Would you rather win the lottery or live the way you are now?
3. 3 Things you would want if you were on a deserted island.
4. Top Favorite Book.
5. If you have super powers, what power would that be?
6. After a stressful day, what do you do to de-stress?
7. What do you fear the most?
8. How do you see yourself 10 years from now?
9. Do you believe in Love At First Sight?
10. What is your favorite song?
11. What is your favorite type of cuisine?
Hello Everyone! I am having a wonderful week! My sister in law came to visit and H&M just opened their second location in Houston, TX. YAY! So I’m going to take a nice long shopping trip to H&M and I hope to score some great finds.
This blouse was purchase from Ann Taylor Loft and is one of my favorite shirts from that season. The makeshift bow is something I rarely see and it’s so cute. After losing the baby weight, I felt better physically and this blouse was one of the first ones I purchased after the weight loss. I’m not sure if the weight gain contributed to my health decline or it could have been stress from the new baby. There were nights I could not fall asleep. My back ached no matter how firm the mattress was. During the day, my upper shoulders and neck were stiff and knotted. Massages and therapy only alleviated the symptoms, which always came back.
I am so much better now. I’m back at the gym doing strength training and that part really helps my back.
Top: Loft Bow Tie Sleeveless Top (old)
Bottom: Armani Exchange Jeggings (similar here and here)
Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad Peep Toe Wedges (here)
Handbag: Celine Tricolor Mini Luggage Tote
Jewelry: Wrap bracelet by Jewelmint (here), Rings by LC Lauren Conrad (here)
Nail Polish: Chanel Nail Colour in June