I’m glad 2014 is ending. It has not been a great year for my family.
– In February 2014, my eldest daughter was diagnosed with lymphatic malformation behind her ear. A lymph node behind her ear is malformed. It would swell up with cysts that are filled with blood. The size of it will vary with her growth. That means the older she gets the bigger the swelling. It is currently a golf ball size. It does go away after 6-8 weeks, but it will last her entire life. It gets worst when she hits puberty. She cannot take birth control due to the increase in hormones and she will live with flare ups while menstruating and pregnancy. Lymphatic malformation is not life threatening but only when it gets infected.
– April 2014, my dad wrecked his car. He was not injured but the car was totaled.
– July 2014, my husband’s grandfather died at the age of 91 (1 more month til 92).
– September 2014, my mom began to feel ill. She was scared to go to the doctor and procrastinated.
– October 2014, my mom suffered a heart attack. She was told to undergo triple bypass surgery. She refused and I was extremely stressed.
– November 2014, my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. It has not spread to her liver or lung but the cancer is very large. She refused surgery and is self treating herself.
– December 2014, two of my daughters get the flu. My eldest daughter has a flare up of the lymph node. It is hard and filled with blood. It’s not painful but there’s pressure and itchiness from the swelling. My mom has been self treating with B17 Apricot Seeds. She feels good on it but she has a very acidic taste in her mouth all the time. We are trying to balance her diet out.
I do wish to follow through on several resolutions for the New Year.
1. Learn to cook different meals for my kids and husband. Health makes the family whole.
2. Find a way to lessen stress of my mom.
3. Be better at time management to help my mom but not forget my kids and husband.
These are more like goals rather than resolutions.
What do you want to change or conquer in 2015?